The following pertains to the terms and conditions applicable to the quantitative COVID-19 RT-PCR Molecular testing services via CEN4GEN Institute for Genomics and Molecular Diagnostics, under the trade name of CEN4GEN and unless specifically excluded in writing by CEN4GEN.
- If you are unsure about what are the COVID-19 symptoms, visit the Alberta Health Services Website: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page17260.aspx
- Test results will be sent to you by email which may not be fully encrypted.
- We make no representation, expressed or implied that the result of this COVID-19 RT-PCR molecular test is useful or purposeful for any other purposes other than information.
- We offer test results within the said time-frame(s) but not guaranteed in the event of a force majeure.
- If you do not receive results within the said time-frame(s), you may notify us at [email protected].
- Your personal information provided on the test reports are based on what you provided us, and CEN4GEN, its affiliates and mandates are not liable for any incorrect or illegible information that you have provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the personal information on the test reports and to notify us at [email protected] of any mistakes.
- Individuals who seek to use the CEN4GEN COVID-19 RT-PCR molecular testing service for travel purposes are fully responsible to confirm their latest travel regulations with their respective air carrier and destination country before booking COVID-19 RT-PCR travel tests with CEN4GEN, its affiliates and mandates. This includes what type of specimen and COVID-19 testing is required, as well as the time window from specimen collection to the day and time of travel. For information on current Canadian travel advisories/information please visit: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
- It is recommended that individuals who undertake this testing service should still continue to follow public health guidelines, regardless of whether the results are positive or negative.
- On very rare occasions, there may be the possibility that some test results could uninterpretable, of unknown significance, false negative or false positive due to factors such as interfering substance(s) collected in the client’s biological specimen, and CEN4GEN, its affiliates and mandates are not liable for such outcome. Additional samples may be requested from the client for re-testing, and such may delay the delivery of test results. CEN4GEN, its affiliates and mandates are not responsible for any full or partial refund if the client’s specimen(s) fail to produce results that are of unknown significance, uninterpretable, false negative, false positive, or otherwise completely fail.
- CEN4GEN, its affiliates and mandates are not liable for any compromised samples harvested from, retrieved from, obtained from or submitted by the individual.
- The limitations and risks associated with this service are stated in each test requisition form as well as on the CEN4GEN website (https://cen4gen.org), and such test and report are not necessarily characteristic of the qualities of identical or similar test, or operating conditions. Such limitations and risks are agreed to by the Client and Client’s representative(s) as a prerequisite in establishing a binding contractual agreement of CEN4GEN, its affiliates and mandates with the Client and Client’s representative. CEN4GEN (which includes its directors, officers, staff, mandates, affiliates) makes no undertakings, conditions, inducements, representations, warranties, promises or agreements of any kind whether expressed, direct, indirect or implied, including without limitation, the originality, condition, completeness, satisfactory quality, timelines, non-infringement, or accuracy of services, data, conclusions or other confounding factors arising from the services of CEN4GEN. CEN4GEN, its directors, officers, employees, mandates and affiliates assume no responsibility to the client and client’s representative for the consequences of any errors or omissions.
- The Client and Client’s representative(s) defend, indemnify and hold harmless CEN4GEN, its directors, officers, mandates, affiliates and staff from and against any and all liabilities, damages, claims, actions, costs, demands, death, injury to body or health, suits and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) as well as liabilities of whatever nature or kind suffered, asserted by or incurred by third parties originating from and out of the services with CEN4GEN, including but not limited to any allegation that the client and client’s representative did not have any legal right to submit said specimen(s) for testing. The client and client’s representative(s) agree to accept his/her/their own liability to indemnify against himself/herself/themself for any direct liability, damage, loss, and expense (including legal fees and expenses) pertaining to any claim, suit, regardless of merit brought against him/her/them for any and all damages that have been caused by this service.
- All expressed or implied warranties including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed by CEN4GEN, its affiliates and mandates. Furthermore, CEN4GEN, its affiliates and mandates under any legal theory (including but not limited to negligence, contract, strict liability in tort or warranty of any kind) is not to be held liable for any indirect, direct, consequential, special, incidental, or exemplary damages (including but not limited to lost profits), relating to this service, or any other cause even if caused by the negligence of CEN4GEN and its directors, officers, employees, mandates and affiliates, regardless of whether such damages could have been foreseen or prevented. In the event CEN4GEN, its affiliates and mandates are found liable, damages are limited only to the value paid by the client and client’s representative for the service or test conducted. The limitations and exclusions of this service agreement apply to the client and client’s representative to the fullest extent that applicable law permits in all actions of any kind, whether based on contract, tort (including without limitation and negligence) or any other legal or equitable theory. In fact, the entire risk as to the use of this service must be accepted by the Client and Client’s representative(s).
APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
- You can cancel or reschedule your appointment for any reason before 24 hours of your scheduled appointment time but you must inform us in writing by email to [email protected]. However, if you have already pre-paid, and you cancel before 24 hours of your scheduled appointment time, we will issue a refund subject to a small processing fee of no more than $15 CAD per test.
- If you have already pre-paid and you miss an appointment or cancel within less than 24 hours’ notice, we will issue a refund in the amount of 70% the value of the test.
- This cancellation and refund policy for an online booked appointment is not applicable to those who choose walk-in services to harvest their specimen.